Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Parker's 1st steps!

About 2 weeks ago while Jamie and I were doing some spring cleaning around the house, Parker surprised us by taking 2 steps!!!! I put him down and he just stood still for a few minutes, but then he took 2 wobbly steps toward Jamie and fell on his knees. We clapped and cheered really loud and showered him with huge kisses! Since then, he has been taking off from everything. He stands up in the middle of the room without any help and just starts taking steps, without us even coaxing him on. He has become so independent in the last month. He takes a few steps, falls on his knees, looks around to see who saw, and claps with a big grin on his face. Yesterday, he walked about 8 feet to get me! I can't believe he just turned 9 months...we took him to the doctor for his check-up and he weighs 19 lbs. 4 oz. and is 30 in. long. He's in the 90-95th percentile for height (go figure..he takes after Jamie) and the 25th percentile for weight. Lately he has been starting to put all that baby chatter into actual words too. He can now say "Dada", "I Dada" (hi dada), "aaaaaa, DaaaaDaaaaa" (hey dada...he shouts this down the stairs when Jamie's working on the basement), "Gog" (dog), "Yeah, Yeah" (this is when I tell him no, no) , but sadly he is determined not to say Mama!!! I try all day long to get him to say Mama, but he only laughs and says Dada. :) I'm so proud of my little man, but also a little sad. I don't think I'm ready for him to grow up so fast. Time is passing too quickly, but I love every minute with Parker. He is a true blessing from God!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Wow...what a smart guy...taking steps at 9 months!!! That is incredible! He is so stinkin' cute! We seriously need to get together sometime...preferably before he gets his license :) Ha, ha, ha!

Jessica said...

what a doll! you are going to have your hands full when he begins to take of running!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it. Emerson is a wobbly mess when she just tries to stand! :) She has stood by herself for a few seconds by herself, though. Each to his own I guess! :) Congratulations, Parker. What a big milestone!

Victoria said...

Every baby is completely different and reaches milestones at very different times...give them both a few more months and they will be chasing each other around! Well....I bet Emerson will be running away from Parker because he loves to go after the girls. :) He seems to like little girls better and always smiles more at them than at boys. He's such a flirt...just like his Daddy. :)