Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happily Ever After

Hi everyone! I now have entered into the a whole new age...I have the internet and I now have my very own blog!! I'm like a whole new person. Thank you Melanie for teaching me how to start this; I truly appreciate it. My loving husband, Jamie, and I went to the Elkhart County Fair today to walk around and see all the booths...and of course test our taste buds. I would recommend the California Chicken Wrap at the Fajita booth. It was so yummy. Jamie took Jessica and Jenn's advice and went for the steak tips. He liked it, but would recommend buying a multiple amount since they don't fill you up; however they are $8 for a SMALL!

So, since this is my first time having a blog, I don't really know how they work. Do I tell the story of my life, my day, or how well I slept last night?? I'll start with a little information about myself. I grew up in a very small town called Hebron, IN as the youngest of 4 (2 sisters and 1 brother). I have 6 neices and nephews in ages ranging from 19 to 1. I met the love of my life in college at Purdue University North Central. He was on the basketball team and I was a cheerleader....ahhhh! I spotted the geeky redhead as he walked into the cafeteria and turned to my best friend, Sara, and said he had a lot of confidence, but he was too geeky and not my type. Two days later at a basketball game, I marched up to the top of the bleachers of the gym and declared to my parents that #40 (the same geeky redhead) was their future son-in-law and my husband! I hadn't even spoken to him yet (remember he still wasn't my type) We had a mutual friend who introduced us and he asked me out after a game. Our first date was on December 9, 2000! We went to see a children movie because it was the only movie playing at that time, walked (and sled) around K-Mart, then went to dinner with the girl who set us up. Not the best first date, but in that one night I realized something that set the rest of my life...this man was the man I truly was going to marry! Seven and a half years later, he proposed to me on Waikiki Beach in Hawaii at sunset!! It was almost the best day of my life. The next best day was our wedding day. We were just married on July 5, 2008! It was the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to (okay, so I'm a little partial)! It was my dream wedding and I truly felt like a princess for the entire day.

You heard about my day already.

I did not sleep well last night...the dog, cat, and Jamie seem to like my side of the bed the most!

I have an amazing husband, wonderful fat cat (Romeo), and a wild (but sweet) dog (Ryker), but even as important, we are surrounded my a very warm and loving circle of family and friends. I have met some amazing people since I moved to Goshen 2 years ago. Jamie knew them before me, but they welcomed me into their lives with open arms and loving hearts. I have to say thank you to Jessica, Jenn, Alicia, Melanie, and all the others that have given me the opportunity to become so close. I cherish these friendships dearly.

Sorry this is so long, but I really don't know what I'm supposed to say. I work on it for next time.

4 comments:

jenn said...

i am loving this!!! that is a wonderful story of your life and it is only the beginning. God has so much in store for you two and i am just glad i get to watch it all unfold! welcome to blogger world by dear friend!!! keep those posts coming! and absolutely beautiful pictures!!! love ya lots..m.e.

jenn said...

p.s...jess actually opted out of the steak tips :)..too expensive. i highly recommend grilled cheese sandwiches...$1/piece (can't beat that ;)....oh and pulled pork sandwiches from the pork building, and those mini doughnuts...okay, i can go on...must stop since i am now hungry! love ya lots..m.e.

Alicia said...

YEAH! So glad that you've decided to start a blog. It looks great so far and I LOVE the wedding pictures (since these were the first I'd seen!) :) Congrats. The blog is wonderful!!

Jess said...

I am so so so excited about this blog!!! The first post was so great, I just know the rest will be too! You are such a sweet person and now the whole world will get to see how great you are too!!! I know we are so excited to be a part of your life :)