Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sweet & Sour Weekend

Jamie and I went on a camping trip to Mississinewa Lake on Friday afternoon. We were looking forward to it all week. We had a yummy dinner, had snacks, and had a great conversation with our amazing friends, Jenn, Jess, Amos, Grace, Tyler (he didn't talk back too much...he likes to keep to himself more :) ) That night was miserable because we had some very disrespectful neighbors. They decided to keep the whole camp site awake with their loud music, drinking games, and some game called Celebrity...I guess it wasn't too bad since they taught me how to play games that they seemed to enjoy! They finally got too tired...or too drunk...at 4 am. Saturday morning came and the girls decided to take a walk and play card games while the men played frisbee golf. Jenn started a raging fire since the boys were about 30 minutes late! After lunch we all went out on Amos and Jess's boat. The sun was shining and the water was just right. Most of us jumped into the water, including Ryker, Grace, and Tyler! Jenn had a caffeine headache (I guess you would call that an addiction to pop!), and Ryan (aka Butterfly!) slept on the boat because he was too tired after going down the slippery waterslide before getting into the boat.

After the boat ride, we went back to cook dinner. This is where the sour part comes in. My stomach started to get upset...not bad enough to skip out on chicken fingers(um..yummy!). I didn't sleep that entire night. Not only from the pain in my stomach, but also because of the unruly neighbors again!. At 3 am I asked Jamie if we could go home right away because all I wanted was my own bed and medicine. We waited until the first sunlight came out since we had to take down our tent and load up the car. I'm still sick, but I know there's light at the end of the tunnel since I haven't thrown up in about 12 hours! What an accomplishment! Jamie says I'm not allowed to go camping anymore because last year on the last day of camping I got vertigo! Even though both years have had setbacks, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. The sweet times we all have is well worth the sour times at the end!

3 comments:

jenn said...

oh victoria, we certainly were worried about you when you all left in the morning, but we completely understood and just hoped that you would feel better soon. i hope you are getting the rest you need and if you need anything, just let me know. what are the chances you would get sick again? i bet it doesn't happen the next time you come camping with us :). love ya lots..m.e.

Jess said...

We were worried about you, but glad to hear you are feeling better. Yeah, I got sick too after I got back home. I am almost over the hump though I think :) And I will slap Jamie for telling you, you can't go camping again!!!...you are so coming with us again :) Love ya!

Alicia said...

That is so strange that both you and Jess got sick. I bet it was from something going around. It couldn't have been from camping! :) And even though I did not make it into your blog post, I still had fun with you this weekend! :) Hope you are feeling better soon.