Friday, December 11, 2009

Shhhh, don't tell.....

I have a secret that I'm dieing to share!!....we recently had family pictures taken for our Christmas cards and I absolutely love them! The reason I have to keep them a secret is because Jamie asked me not to show anyone until they get their Christmas cards so it will be a surprise. Buuuut......I just can't wait, and I mailed out the cards today. :) The pictures of Parker, Jamison, and I were taken by an eighth grade teacher, Heather Baber. She loves taking pictures in her spare time and decided to make it her hobby to provide families with wonderful pictures at a reasonable rate....she charges only $30 for 1 hour worth of candid and posed pictures. I don't think her camera ever stopped clicking during the whole hour, and we were given over 100 pictures to choose from. Oh, and the best part was that $30 is the only charge she has...after she's finished, she hands you a CD with every picture she took so you can develop pictures anywhere and you have complete rights to all pictures!!! Here are a few of my favorites:






This past weekend we went back home to take more pictures with my family...all 15 of us!!! It was a very interesting day, but one we will always cherish. We had these taken at Picture People in Merrillville...the total cost for a CD there was $250....a HUGE difference!!


1 Dad + 1 Mom + 2 Sisters + 1 Brother + 1 Sis-in-law + 1 Husband + 1 Son + 4 Neices + 2 Nephews + Me = One gigantic family picture!!!




1st pic: My 2 Sisters, Brother, and Myself; 2nd pic: My really adorable family!; 3rd pic: My Neices and Nephews, plus Parker (all the Grandchildren)



So, now that I have shared a secret with you, please don't tell Jamison! Like I can keep a secret (you all just found out how good I am at that) I will most likely tell him as soon as he walks in the door tonight! :) We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

THOSE PICTURES ARE AWESOME!!! She does a great job...of course your family is beautiful so that helps!!! :)

Alicia said...

I LOVED the Christmas card. So cute. But it does help that Parker is so photogenic. We took Emerson's six month pictures ourselves to try to save a little money. And I think we got some cute ones, but I'd NEVER be a baby photographer. you need way too much patience! :)